Wednesday, October 25, 2006

First things first..

...Happy Birthday to me!! Despite the fact that I had to take my daughter to the pediatrician's this morning, and go to work, it's actually been a pretty good day. I was greeted with a "flaming heart" cake on my desk when I walked in, sat for about 20 minutes, then it was off to lunch. Lunch was good, the tequila was really good (yes, I had a tequila shot as per the manager's request), and the birthday cake afterwards was even better. Or should the cake and tequila be reversed?! ;P Anyway, this day is going well. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get anything done at work, but hey, it's my birthday. I'm sure I can put some things off until tomorrow.

Job update # 1
I had a job interview last week, which went pretty well. The guys who interviewed me were great and it seems like a good company to work for. The only thing was, I started to have second thoughts about whether or not I really wanted to work there. I know I can do the job, but I guess my concern is do I want to do the same kind of work that I did at my previous job, which almost gave me a nervous breakdown? They said they would make their decision by the beginning of this week, and I haven't heard from them yet. I guess I have to wait and see...

Job update # 2
I have another job interview lined up for tomorrow. I'm actually hoping I get this job than the other one. It's more in line with what I want to be doing, which is similar to what I'm doing now. Ideally, I'd like a job which has the same type of work as I'm doing now, just in a different environment, and with more room to grow.

No comments: