Despite the knots in my stomach, I managed to tell my boss that I was resigning. There really wasn't an easy way to tell him, but just to spit it out. Needless to say, he was shocked. And speechless too. He kept asking me if there was anything particular about the job that bothered me. I just gave him the "there's no room for growth" speech and left it at that. Really, it's not my place to say the real reason why I'm leaving. Oh well, at least it's over and done with and I can breathe again.
"End of an era"
That's what my supervisor told me, when I told him I was leaving. He took it a bit better and actually tried to make light of the situation. He totally understood my position and was happy for me. It's hard to believe that I've been with them for almost 5 years. I guess it is the "end of an era" for me.
Monday, December 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment