Sunday, November 02, 2008

Almost 3 months later...

... and here I am. Where does the time go? I think I'm a bit rusty with this whole blog thing. Anyway, the last 3 months have been quite busy. I don't want to go into too much detail, but here are some highlights:

August

  • Registered Teagan for her second year of playschool, and at the same time volunteered (with a bit of help from her teacher) to be on the Executive Commitee. My role as a "phoning/purchasing" person is simply to call the executives a week before the meeting to remind them of the meeting; buy office supplies as needed; and make playdough;
  • Volunteered at the Dragonboat Festival for 3 days. Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch any of the races, but it was fun;

September

  • Decided to register for my final payroll course (am I nuts?!). I figured I might as well get it over with;
  • Went to the National Payroll Week reception at the Edmonton Country Club. Won 2 prizes (a stainless steel bottle, and a gift bag with a stainless steel mug, golf shirt and sunglasses [the shirt and sunglasses went to my mom]);
  • Got my eyes checked. Only slight change to prescription. I think it's definitely time to get new glasses being that I've worn the same ones for 4 years!
  • Had a playdate at my friend's house. Realized that I can't eat KFC (all that grease did not sit well with me);

October

  • Went on a fieldtrip with Teagan and her playschool to Prairie Gardens. They watched a puppet show while eating lunch; went through the "haunted house" (which Teagan opted not to do); visited the petting zoo; went through a mini corn maze; and picked a mini pumpkin;
  • Thanksgiving was quiet this year. Instead of turkey, we had duck. Hey, it's still a bird...;
  • Wrote my midterm, which was OK;
  • Attended a couple project meetings (quite boring, and gave me a headache at the end of it);
  • Went to New York for my birthday. In a nutshell, my friend and I went to the Met, walked through Central park; did a bit of shopping (not too much though - it was expensive!); went on the Sex & the City Tour (lots fun, got to see a lot of the city); watched Grease on Broadway; had breakfast at BLT Market, which we didn't know until after that it was in the Ritz-Carlton (so you can imagine how much our breakfast was!); and had an "Amazing Race" moment at the airport on the way back (basically, our flight was delayed, so I went to another airline to see if they had seats available on their flight - they did, but it was too late to buy them because they were already boarding);
  • Teagan and I got our flu shots;
  • I finally ordered my glasses. They should be in sometime next week;
  • Teagan was Princess Jasmine for halloween. I took her trick-or-treating at the mall and we were done in 35 minutes (that was faster than last year's time of 45 minutes)! She handed me her treat bag and said she was done. Works for me!

I think that's it.


And in current news...
Teagan and I took part in the Buddy Walk at Hawrelak Park today. It was a bit chilly in the morning, but it warmed a bit in the afternoon. By the time we started walking around the park, Teagan fell asleep in her stroller. Oh well. It was a good walk, but my friend and I could've walked around again. As soon as we crossed the finish line, Teagan woke up (good timing!). Then we had lunch and watched the presentations. Over 1200 people participated in the walk, and they raised over $92,000, which is going toward a new health clinic for patients with Down Syndrome. I'm glad we were able to be a part of that.

Time change
I really don't think the extra hour is going to help...

No comments: