My co-worker and I went to the Daughtry concert last night and it was awesome!
The concert opened with Cavo. To be honest, I wasn't too familiar with them (I only recognized one song - Champagne), but I thought they were great. They played for about half an hour, and then after a 20-minute intermission, Lifehouse came on. They sang their new song "Halfway Gone" and a few more songs from their new album. They ended their 45 minute set with "Hanging by a Moment".
After another 20 (or so) minute intermission, Daughtry came on. They had this somewhat dramatic entrance with a curtain covering the entire stage and lights flashing. The funny/weird thing was, the music that was playing in the background had this sort of Indiana Jones feel to it. Then they came on and rocked the place! A few of the highlights were Daughtry singing "In the Air Tonight" (by Phil Collins) [turn on laser show], and "Rebel Yell" (by Billy Idol). I thought Daughtry's version of "Rebel Yell" was better than Billy Idol's, so much so, that I was screaming the lyrics in my head during most of this morning. :P During the encore, Daughtry sang "Home" with Jason Wade of Lifehouse (it was during this song that I noticed that Jason has a sexy voice).
3 bands and 3 and a half hours later, the concert was over. I have to say that that was a concert that I could watch over and over again! The only thing that I was bummed about was the fact that I didn't get a chance to meet them. Hopefully next time...
Friday, May 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WEll, I'm glad you had fun at the concenrt and now have Jason Wade and I have Charles Kelly ;)
Post a Comment