I went to the Nickleback concert last night with a co-worker of mine and her nephew (it was his birthday present from her). Talk about a rockin' conert! There was pyro, fireworks, pyro, fire crackers, pyro, lights... did I say pyro?! :P (yes, they're all about pyro!). I have to say that was the first concert that I've ever been to where everyone stayed standing for the entire show (or should I say "event" - one of the opening acts gave us a brief lesson on the difference between a show and an event).
The opening act was a band called Sick Puppies. I have never heard of them before, and we missed them because we were in line to get souvenirs - my co-worker wanted to get a shirt, and I wanted to get my token souvenir program. We waited in line for about half an hour only to realize that they don't have programs. OK then. So we headed to our seats. We were on the second level, so our seats were OK, but we could see everything.
The next band that came on was Shinedown. I only knew of one of their songs (Second Chance), and the rest of their set was too screechy for me. I had to wear ear plugs so it wasn't too sharp on the ears. After a 45 minute set, we had an intermission, so we went to get some munchies. Within a few minutes of getting back to our seats, the next band, Breaking Benjamin, came on. I've heard of them before, but wasn't familar with their songs. They had some screeching moments, but overall, they were bearable.
There was another brief intermission, and just before Nickleback came on, fire crackers went off and scared the crap out of Sharon and I. And then... pyro and fireworks and a whole lot of singing. Their set was about 2 hours long, and included some funny moments, some "nasty" moments, and some drinking moments. They also sang some clips of songs by Garth Brooks, Metallica, and Journey. One of the highlights (for me anyway), was when their drummer (Daniel Adair) did a solo for what seemed like 15 minutes (plus, I think he's cute)! With a total duration of almost 5 hours, the "event" ended at 11:00 pm, and it was definitely worth it!
Wednesday, June 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i have to say i'm so jealous...so what's the difference between event and show? i'm curious to know...i bet there's some technicality explanations ;)
Post a Comment