My birthday celebration continued when Irma took me (and Teagan) out for dinner. We went to Cafe Europa and it was good to sit and catch up on things. After dinner, we went to Old Navy, where I bought Teagan 3 pairs of pants, a pair of snow pants, 2 shirts, 2 pairs of socks, and a pair of tights. OK, so I kinda went a bit crazy with the shopping, but Teagan was in need of some new clothes. And it's been a while since I've been able to go on a mini shopping spree for her. I still have to get a few more things for her, but I think I'll wait until next pay day.
Tuesday
Halloween was spent trick-or-treating at the mall. We got there at about 5 pm, walked through half of phase 1, then left just after 6 pm. The crowd was starting to pick up, and I didn't want to stay there too long. Besides, Teagan was getting a bit tired from all the walking. I think she was more excited at the fact that she was able to walk around, than getting candy. Nonetheless, she had fun.
Friday
I went to the hockey game and I have to say, I did not enjoy myself at all.
- The game wasn't that great (especially since the ref was making stupid calls);
- I was pretty much surrounded in a sea of testosterone. There were 2 or 3 rows full of guys who were getting drunk and being loud and obnoxious. One guy kept yelling "Let's go Red Wings" (Uh hello, it's the Oilers vs. Stars!?);
- one of the guys sitting in front of me wouldn't sit back in his seat (even after they made the announcement to sit back), so I couldn't really see what was going on (I had to keep looking around him, and after a while I felt like I was watching a game of tennis);
The evening didn't start off well anyway, so everything just kinda went downhill. Oh well...
SaturdayMike and Shelley came over for dinner last night. Nothing exciting, just ate a lot of food as usual.
Job update
I didn't get the job I was hoping for with the pharmacy company, but the company I had the other interview with called me back and asked if I would be interested in another job opening they have. He said he was really impressed with me during our interview, and thought that I would be a good addition to their company. I said "sure", and he said he'd pass my resume on to the person in the accounting department who would then be contacting me about an interview. So now, we'll just have to wait and see how this goes...
1 comment:
what happened friday night? seems like there's more to it than this...
Post a Comment