Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It was a good week...

... up until my boss came back from holidays. I've always heard the phrase 'can you feel the tension in the air?' , but I really never experienced it. Until this morming. When I walked into the office, it just felt different. Everyone was quiet, going about their work. Normally, people would be chit-chatting about the weekend or their day off, but not today. And you would think my boss would be telling stories about her trip...nope. OK, fine.

I did get confirmation that everyone in the department does not like her around. How bad is it when you count down the days until your boss is gone on holidays again, and everyone can breathe? So we have one more day with her until she goes away again. Thank goodness. It sucks that I feel like I have to walk on egg shells when I'm working with her. I want to be more positive about the situation, but how can I?

Car repairs
I finally got a second quote on getting my car fixed. This place quoted approximately $800 cheaper than the other place. When I compared the two quotes, the first place was charging me for stuff that the second wasn't. The second place was even charging a higher hourly labor rate and they still came in lower. The only thing is, I have to wait until April 23rd to get it done. Oh well. I've waited this long to get a second quote, so what's another month?

No comments: