Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Happy new month!

Somehow, July just flew by. Since my last post, I:

  • saw Dancing with the Stars (on tour)
  • had Teagan's birthday (Hawaiian theme; with family and friends; she got spoiled)
  • got my new laptop (wow, I'm slowly getting into the techno world)
  • got a raise at work (to get us up to par with market standards)
  • signed up for a course through our L&D dept, only to find out that they dropped the ball and I wasn't registered for my course starting August 1st (I was ticked, so I sent a terse email to the person who was supposed to take care of it, and copied her manager and my manager on it. In the end, my manager made an executive decision and told me to sign up for it and they'd reimburse me)
  • saw Sunshine and thought it was pretty interesting

I hope August doesn't go by that fast...

Check engine light
Last Thursday, my "check engine" light came on. I thought it was odd since I just took my car in for the 48K service check last month. So, I brought it into the dealership earlier today and waited for an hour and a half, only for them to tell me that my gas cap wasn't on tight enough. What?!? Apparently, it has something to do with the sensor detecting the vapors seeping out, blah, blah, blah. Basically, I just have to make sure that my gas cap is on tight. Even though you hear the click, click, click, after you've turned it, you still have to click, click, click some more. They told me to see what happens in the next week. If the light comes on again, then I have to bring it back. Otherwise, just make sure my gas cap is on tight. Oh yeah, and this cost me $100+. Ugh!

Dreaming
So while I was at the dealership waiting for them to check my car, I thought I do a bit of reading - newspaper (entertainment and travel section), fashion magazine, and this real estate magazine. As I'm looking at these houses for sale, I think to myself 'hmmm, this looks like a nice house'. Uh yeah, because it was listed at over a million dollars! I put the magazine away. Instead, I walked around the dealership, looking at my potential next vehicle. Had I known I was going to be there for an hour and a half, I would've asked one of the sales guys to put some numbers together for me. Oh well, I guess I should wake up from my dream...

No comments: