Happy Birthday to me! Another year has gone by... *sigh* Where does the time go?
My day consisted of attending a seminar on terminations (at the Edmonton Petroleum Club - very nice!). It was quite informative and shed some light on the processes in our company, or lack thereof. I mostly enjoyed it because of the free food. :P We had a snack at 10 am, lunch at noon, and another snack at around 3pm. I felt sick after that, but the food was great! And if that weren't enough, I stopped by the cupcake place (Bern, they have one especially for you!) and picked up a dozen mini cupcakes. I sang "Happy Birthday" to myself (I know, it's sad) and Teagan blew out the candle.
In other news...
Course update
I had my midterm 2.5 weeks ago and I got 98%. Woo hoo! I was bit nervous going into it because I didn't know what to expect, with it being an online exam. Unfortunately since then, I haven't done much reading, which means I need to get my butt in gear.
Busy, busy, busy
Part of the reason why I haven't been able to read any course material is because work is crazy right now. We have a couple projects on the go, with one of them having a deadline of November 2nd. And to add to that, we've had meetings here and there, training sessions, etc, so by the end of the day, my brain isn't functioning. With all this stuff that's going on, I haven't had any time to do any of my normal day-to-day stuff (haven't touched it since last Wednesday), so it looks like I'll be going into to work on Saturday to play catch up (since it's payroll week next week).
Winter tires
After my accident in February (damn retaining wall got in the way ;P), I figured I better invest in some winter tires. So I got them installed on Monday. With my luck, it won't snow until December.
Appointments
I had the day off yesterday, but it was filled with appointments. First, Teagan had her final tooth check up with the health clinic (we have to find her a "real" dentist now). She did really well, and actually opened her mouth for the dental hygenist, which is a good thing since she'll have to do that with the dentist.
Then we went shopping to kill some time before our next appointment. I had the intention of buying something for myself, but because there were so many things I wanted to get (and there wasn't enough time to try stuff on), I decided to get an outfit for Teagan. We grabbed a quick bite to eat and it was off to our next appointment.
Our second appointment was with her pediatrician where we both got our flu shots. She didn't cry at all, but just said "ow". I think the Dora bandaid distracted her. The one thing I don't like about flu shot is the heavy feeling in your arm after the shot. My arm felt like it could drag on the floor.
After the flu shots, I wasn't sure what to do, so we went home (briefly). Teagan had a bit of a nap, and then I dragged her to the next appointment which was with my banker to talk about my porfolio blah blah blah. After talking about mutual funds and RRSP's, I decided that I needed to clear my head, so we went shopping again. I still didn't buy anything for myself the second time around, but I was getting some ideas.
More appointments
Even though we only had 3 appointments, it felt like a full day. And there's still more to come. I've booked 3 massages in November (I have a gift card that's going to expire in December); Teagan has an audiology appointment in December, an opthamology and pediatric appointment in January; and at some point I'll have to book an appointment with a dentist. So many appointments for such a little girl...
To be continued...
I didn't realize what time it is, and I have more to write. I'll have to continue tomorrow... *yawn*
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday :)
i got exhausted just reading your blog... you are so busy! please enjoy your massages then ;)
Post a Comment