Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas come and gone

Another Christmas has come and gone. I didn't feel like we really celebrated the holidays this year. Part of the reason being that Teagan spent the day with her dad. Normally, we celebrate on the 24th, and Teagan spends the 25th with her dad, which works out perfectly. But this year, things got a bit screwed up. My dad had to work on the 24th (?!?), so we had to change our plans to the 25th, which conflicted with Teagan's other plans. Since I only found out at the last minute, there was no way to alter them. So I only got to spend part of the evening (which amounted to about 3 hours) with her :(

Initially, she wasn't in the mood to open her presents (she fell asleep in the car so she was out of sorts). But when my cousin came around, she livened up and started opening them. The only problem was, we couldn't really sit and watch her appreciate each gift - it was more of "rip, rip...oooh aaah...wow...next present..." She got spoiled as usual, and as I watched her open her presents, I realized that I have to start purging some of her stuff... again...

iTouch
I got one for Christmas. Yay! It looks pretty cool, but since I've kinda been out of the techno loop, I'm not sure where to begin. Can someone show me how to work this thing??

Boxing Day
As I've done in past years, I went Boxing Day shopping again. My mom, Teagan and I were at the mall at 745 am. The Bay didn't open until 8 am, so we waited outside. Once inside, we went to the areas that we had planned to hit, but to our disappointment, there really wasn't too much there. I wandered around for a bit and noticed they had 2-for-1 shoes. Unfortunately, I only saw one pair of shoes that I wanted, so I didn't get them. My mom bought 4 pillows (they were 2-for-1 as well), and a couple sweaters for my dad.

Next, we headed to Zara's. They didn't open until 9 am, so we waited again. Once they opened, I headed to the kids' section and picked out some stuff for Teagan (which I had already seen a few days prior, so it was just a matter of finding them). I got her a skirt, capri pants, and 3 tops. And for myself, I got a fur-lined hoodie (very warm!). One thing I will never understand is why is there always such a long line-up for lululemon? Is the sale that great? Is it really worth it to stand in line for hours? Anyway...

The next stop was Children's Place, where I picked up 3 pairs of jeans for Teagan. Then it was off to Danier Leather, but there a LONG line up outside the door since they didn't open until 10 am. So, we decided to go to the one in Mayfield Common where it was less crowded. As soon as I walked in, I saw the jacket I wanted (but got black instead of white), and paid for it. [note: cute policeman guarding the door]. Then, it was off to Jacob, where my mom and I got a couple shirts (OK, I got 4). By this time (it was 11:15 am), it was time to go home.

More Boxing Week shopping
My mom, Teagan and I went to Winners/HomeSense. I had to return a bag I bought 3 weeks ago (the stitching was falling apart). So I returned one and came out with two. Go figure. That's it, no more shopping for the rest of the year! :P

No comments: