I finally finished my payroll course (Payroll Fundamentals I), which I started in March. Woo hoo! I wrote my final this morning, which took me an hour (out of a possible 3 hours) to write. So I spent another hour and went through the entire exam, and it's a good thing I did because there were some questions I didn't read correctly, so I had to change my answers. I wasn't as nervous as I was when I wrote the final for the previous course. Maybe it's because I just didn't really care. I know it wasn't because I was really prepared for it, because I wasn't. I was still cramming this morning! Anyway, I'm glad it's all over.
Now I just have to finish this World Class Customer Service course, which will be done by the end of the month, and then I'll be done with school... for now. I'm still debating on whether or not I should take my last payroll course (Payroll Fundamentals II) in August, which will be done by November. I'll have to see how work goes, etc, etc. Otherwise, I'll take it next March.
We're moving
Offices, that is. They've built a "tower" (so it's called, but it's only 4 storeys high?!?!) close to our head office and called it the "Annex". Whatever. Apparently it's supposed to eliminate many of our other branches, but I don't see how when this new office only hold 450 people, and there are still many branches all over the place. I don't think they planned this too well.
Anyway, we have to be packed up and ready to go by noon on Friday (which means we have the rest of the afternoon off!), and then we start at the new building on Monday. I'm so excited because we'll finally have windows (we're currently in a closet with no windows and no air circulation). What I'm more excited about is that I'll be able to decorate my cubicle and incorporate some feng shui into it.
Lunch police needed
So while we were touring our new digs this morning, I noticed a piece of paper stuck to the fridge in the cafeteria. "Would the person who took the bag of groceries, please return it." How sad is that?! And as if the person who took will actually return it??! Uh, I don't think so. I suggested to my manager that we get a mini fridge for our area so that we don't have to worry about lunches going missing. Hopefully we'll get one...
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's happened to someone in my office too since our renovation started...
Post a Comment