We didn't do anything to celebrate. We could've gone to the parade, but been there done that. Instead, we went to the mall. I know, not very patriotic, but I didn't really feel like celebrating. I guess it's because it's in the middle of the week, so it's throwing me off. It feels like Saturday, but I know I have to go to work tomorrow. *sigh*
School is done!
I finished my World Class Customer Service course on Thursday. Woo hoo! School is officially over for me (for now), and I'm looking forward to having the summer "homework-free".
Vacation mode
Being that I have 2 weeks off coming up, I'm starting to go into vacation mode. I just don't have the motivation to work or go to work. I'm not planning on going anywhere, mainly because I didn't really plan for anything. I may take a day trip, but we'll see. Instead, I'm having a "staycation" (I read somewhere that it's when you have a vacation at home. So you relax and do everything you would normally do on a vacation, but at home.). I will probably end up doing errands and catching up on personal things, but I'll have to plan for fun outings with Teagan during that time. Since it's festival season, there's a lot going on, so I'm sure we'll be able to go to a few of them.
In other news...
Teagan, my mom and I went to Cirque du Soleil's Saltimbanco a week and a half ago. The first half of the show was a bit loud for Teagan, so I had my hands over her ears for most of it. There was a character that kind of freaked her out, so Teagan got up and walked toward my mom. I thought she just wanted to sit with her, but she was actually wanting to leave. I calmed her down, and then it was intermission. The second half of the show was more interesting to her, since it involved acrobatics, etc. Overall, I thought it was a good show. That was my first Cirque du Soleil show, so I can't really compare it to the others.
I've also done a bit of shopping, but got a lot of good deals. I bought 3 pairs of pants, 3 sleeveless blouses, 9 shirts, a sweater, and a summer dress for about $120.00! That should probably be it for awhile...
One-on-one chat
I finally had a one-on-one chat with my boss last week. I knew we were supposed to have monthly meetings (more of a vent/bitch session), but I never got a meeting request. So, I didn't know if she was having them, or maybe she just didn't want to meet with me. When we finally had our "session", I told her things that bothered me. Moreso about certain things she said/did. I was honest with her, and she took it pretty well. I'm glad I told her because I felt much better afterwards.
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey we should see mama mia in vegas...
Post a Comment