Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Teagan!

I cannot believe she's 4 today! I'll probably be saying that every year, but she's so small that she may be able to pass for a 2 year old (OK, maybe that's pushing it, but some people have mistaken her for being 2).

Anyway, we had planned to go out for lunch, but that didn't quite happen. So, we'll just go out for dinner later. I didn't plan on having a birthday party for this year (what?!?! I know, what kind of mom am I?!); but I had a lot of other stuff on the go, so I didn't have one. Besides, being the meticulous person that I am, I did not have time to make the invitations, and plan a big event. I know, I could just buy those generic invitations, but I like to make them a bit more personal. Also, I'll be planning a big party for her next year. Not sure on the theme just yet, but I should probably start brainstorming.

2 more days...
... until I go back to work (*SIGH*). Even though I said I was going to have a "staycation", I didn't get a chance to do anything that I wanted. Didn't go to any festivals, didn't take a day trip to Banff, and didn't really relax (which is tough anyway with a 4-year-old). Instead, it was spent running errands, and trying to figure out Teagan's childcare issue (don't get me started!). I think for next year, I will definitely have to plan a vacation away from here. I've subscribed to email alerts for travel stuff, so I've kinda been keeping track on when to expect sales to certain places. Hmmm, where should I go next year?

No comments: