How fast the time flies. Where does all the time go? And why is it that time seems to go faster during the summer months? Because time has been flying by, I don't really remember what's happened since my last post. There are a couple things:
Canada Day Long Weekend
Teagan and I went to Drumheller and Calgary for the long weekend. Drumheller was HOT! Mind you, the whole weekend was hot. Anyway, our first stop in Drumheller was the World's Largest Dinosaur. We climbed all 106 steps and looked out of the dinosaur's mouth. Took a couple pictures, and went back down all 106 steps. After some lunch, it was off to the Royal Tyrrell Museum. We spent about 3 hours there, and by the end of it, Teagan was pooped. Our last stop was the Hoodoos (the pictures are a bit misleading, in that they make the hoodoos appear larger than they really are). I remember the last time I went to Drumheller, you could climb on everything. Now, in order to preserve everything, they have a couple people from the museum monitoring the area to make sure visitors stay within the paths. We only stayed for about 20 minutes, because it was hotter than Drumheller. Their thermometer read 38C/100F. After the Hoodoos, it was off to Calgary. Once we got to the hotel in Calgary, we got settled in, had dinner, and called it a night.
The next day, we went to the Calgary Zoo. I had never been there in previous trips to Calgary, so I didn't realize how big it was. Even though we spent 4 hours there, we still didn't get to see the entire zoo. Plus, it started to rain, so we headed back to the hotel. Teagan was exhausted and napped for about an hour, before we headed out for dinner. After dinner, we briefly went to Eau Claire Market. I was craving bubble tea, but they didn't have any. So I ended up having a mocha frappuccino. Then it was back to the hotel where we hung out for the rest of the night.
We left the following morning and got home at around noon. I was so exhausted after all that driving, so I took a 3-hour nap (Teagan napped too!). And that was the long weekend.
The one thing we missed was the Canada Day fireworks. Did anyone catch it?
Shopping
Of course, I couldn't blog without mentioning my shopping trips. Most stores are having their summer sales, so I couldn't pass it up. My purchases included: a pair of pants, a couple tops, some clothes for Teagan, and 4 pairs of shoes for her as well (I'm preparing for next year - they're all bigger sizes). And most of them were under $10! I should really stop shopping...
Credit cards
I've cancelled 2 more credit cards, so now all I have is one visa - that's it. No department store cards or anything else. Not including my car payments, at this time, I have no "short-term" debt. Yay!
Early day
We're leaving work an hour earlier because (i) our supervisor said we could (if I had my way, I would've left as soon as he did); (ii) we're completely caught up at work (if not ahead of the game); and (iii) there's no one else here. I wish we could leave at 100pm on Fridays (similar to my previous job), but I don't think that's going happen.
Friday, July 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment