[Carlsbad, CA]
I forgot to mention yesterday that the airline lost Teagan's car seat - temporarily (they found it a couple hours later). When I got to the baggage area, our luggage were the only ones left, but there was no car seat in sight. So Westjet gave me a loaner to use for the week. From what Donna told me, we would just swap car seats when I head back home. Hopefully they don't lose it again. And my not-so-nice moment for today was when my clip-ons for my glasses snapped in half (grrr!).
Anyway, back to today. Got up at 5:00 am (what was I thinking?!) to get ready for the day. Only when it came time to wake up Teagan, she wouldn't wake up (she was really tired from the day before). When I finally got her up, we went down for breakfast and started our day. While waiting for the shuttle to Legoland, we met a family from Casa Grande, Arizona (Ben, Cheryl, Emma and Lily - I'll call them AZ family). Teagan got their attention by being her "cute and funny" self. We were all headed to Legoland, and ran into them a few times while we were there.
Teagan and I started off on the Coast Cruiser - a boat ride through Miniland USA. We spent a good hour in Miniland (Teagan was busy with the interactive stuff); then had a bite to eat. After Miniland, we went to Castle Hill. I actually wanted to go to Land of Adventure, but took a wrong turn somewhere. We walked in circles and somehow ended up in Fun Town (which was on the other side of the park?). We ran into AZ family and hung out for a bit. Then Teagan and I were off to the Sky Cruiser ride. We waited for about 45 minutes, but after I found out that the last shuttle was at 9:30 pm, I wasn't in a rush.
After Fun Town, we went to Duplo Village, which was more geared to the toddlers, but being that Teagan is so tiny, she fit right in. She played for a little while, then it was off to Dino Island where we ran into AZ family again (we actually got kicked out of the area because a lady had passed out). It was good to sit down, while Teagan played in the sand with her new found friends, Emma and Lily. After the Dino Dig, we went on the Safari Trek ride. By this time, I was getting hungry so we headed back to Castle Hill so I could try Granny's Apple Fries. They are SO good, but probably not so good for you. Teagan didn't want to try them because she only likes fries made of potatoes.
Then it was off to Land of Adventure (finally I found it - maybe I just needed those Granny's Apple Fries to help me). We went on the Dune Raiders ride, which is this huge slide. I wish I would've gotten a picture of her, but since I was going down with her, I couldn't. That ride was a lot of fun and Teagan really liked it. Since it was getting close to supper, I thought we'd stop to have some pizza. The only problem was Teagan bolted into Pharoah's Revenge (a huge play area where you can fire foam balls). After a few attempts to get her to come out, I finally had to go in there and chase her out. Now we could eat.
After we ate, it was time to go back to the hotel. Being that we were there right when it opened, and stayed until 6:30 pm, it made for a really long day so it was time to go. I have to say, Teagan and I covered a lot of ground. Besides the Water Park (which I had no intention of going to, but Teagan kept pointing to it on the map); the only section we didn't go to was Pirate Shores - again, because I saw that it involved getting wet.
Teagan was asleep by 8:00 pm, and I'm still up watching Cake Boss, (kind of watching) Fabulous Cakes, and blogging. I should go to sleep...
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
the energy on teagan eh?! it's amazing...btw, what's wrong with getting wet? didn't u bring swim suits for both of u?....hehehehe
it was too cold to get wet...
Post a Comment