[San Diego, CA]
Seaworld Part II. Since we only covered half of Seaworld on Thursday, we went back today to cover the other half. First it was off to see the baluga whales and the polar bears. I know they have to create an environment similar to what it would be like in the arctic, but was it ever cold! We took a few pictures of the whales (the polar bears were hiding), but didn't stay too long because it was cold. Then it was off to see the penguins. Again, very cold! We got to see the penguins being fed and the keepers were in their winter gear. I can only imagine how cold it was on the other side of the glass. Teagan was getting cold again, so we went back outside. Since we were going to watch a show, we hung around the stadium. While we were waiting, a flock of flamingos were going for a walk (their morning exercise, perhaps?), and Teagan followed them. I thought she would stop once she realized how far away she was from me, but she kept going. Once I got her back, we noticed an owl that was perched outside our venue, with 2 staff members talking about the owl. Once that was done, it was off to see a show called Pets Rule, which showcased dogs, cats, birds, ducks, and even a pig doing tricks - it was cute.
Since we didn't see the polar bears the first time, I thought we'd try again. And good thing they were out this time. One of the them was right up against the window, so we got a couple pictures of him. After going through the other half of Seaworld, we had a bit of time before our shuttle was going to pick us up. So we just hung out, and picked up another souvenir (plush penguin).
When we got back to the hotel, we just dropped our stuff off, then headed back to Fashion Valley one last time. Like I said, this mall is massive so I had to go through it in stages. Nordstrom was having their anniversary sale, so I picked up some stuff for Teagan. I almost bought 2 pairs of shoes, but held back because (i) I felt like I was being rushed so it would've been an "impulse" purchase; and (ii) I was afraid that my luggage was going to be too heavy. Looking back now, I'm kicking myself because I could've bought them and I don't think I would've gone over the weight limit. Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Although, there is always online shopping...hmmm...
After we came back from shopping, we settled in and I put Teagan to sleep. Now it's time to pack....
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment