[San Diego, CA]
Happy Birthday Teagan! What a day we had! The weather wasn't too great this morning - it was cloudy and there was a fine mist. But by the afternoon, the sun came out and it was nice and warm! First we went to Seaworld. Since we were given passes that gave us the ability to visit Seaworld as many times as we want during our stay here (that's all they had, and I only paid for one-day passes for Teagan and I - woo hoo!); I figured I wouldn't rush it. Besides, I had to keep in mind the limited shuttle service we had. Anyway, we managed to see half of Seaworld, and watched 3 shows. Teagan enjoyed all of them.
After Seaworld, we went back to the hotel, changed, and we walked to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I originally wanted to go to PF Changs, but I didn't want to walk another block. Plus, I knew that Cheesecake Factory had chocolate cake, which is what Teagan wanted. While at Cheesecake, Teagan managed to get acquainted with the people sitting on either side of us. On one side was this young couple, who looked like they were newly dating; and on the other side was this couple who were engaged (I didn't see the wedding band on the girl's or guy's finger). They were a younger couple as well, but they were really nice and kept Teagan entertained. Or should I say Teagan kept them entertained. Being the social butterfly that she is, Teagan was playing games and got them to act out a mystery; pretended to blow bubblegum, etc. She even had her picture taken with the girl's fiance (this worries me because she didn't want her picture taken with the girl -- 6 years old and she's charming the men!). After dinner, I ordered this 7 layer chocolate cake, and a couple servers sang happy birthday to her. We had a few bites of the cake then headed back to the hotel.
Sidenote: America has always been known to be one of the top (if not the top) country with the highest obesity rate. And it's easy to see why. First, it's the portion. Even if you get their lunch portion, it's still big. Maybe it's because I have a small stomach and I'm not used to eating that much in one sitting. But after Teagan fell asleep (she's snoring know), I had a few more bites of the chocolate cake. It's so rich, that I feel gross. Oi.
OK, so back to the day. We got settled, I gave Teagan a bath, and she was asleep by 9:00 pm. I hope I can wake her up early tomorrow, since we have to be at the front lobby by 8:45 am to take the shuttle to the zoo. On that note, I should get to sleep too.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment