Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Vacation - Day 3

[Carlsbad, CA]
Today was pretty low key. Since it was cloudy, I figured it would be too cold to go to the beach. So we went shopping instead. Teagan and I walked around for a bit, then had lunch at San Sai Japanese Grill. We continued shopping, and got a snack at Wetzel's Pretzels (I wasn't too happy when I got back to the hotel only to find a hair in one of them - yuck!). After a couple hours, we called it a day and just hung out in our room. Teagan watched Kung Fu Panda, while I took a snooze.

Later on, we ran into Ben (AZ family) and he mentioned that they spent 4 hours at the beach even though it was cold. And surprisingly enough, he said there were a lot of people too. Go figure.

My not-so-nice moment  for tonight (I seem to be having one of these every night) was the smell of cigarette smoke coming through the bathroom vent. Being that I'm at the end of our hallway, I can only guess that it's coming from the suite below me. What is it about "This is a no smoking room" do people not understand?! And this was the second time it happened. I complained last night and tonight, and actually got the Front Desk Attendant to come up and "smell" for herself. She verified it and said she would leave a message for management. I also sent an email to management to explain the situation. It's too bad they couldn't have a rule that if someone was caught smoking, they would have to pay a penalty equivalent to another night's stay. Basically speaking, have the smokers pay for the non-smoker's room for one night. Hmmm, maybe I should've put that in my email... Oh well, we're checking out tomorrow anyway, and moving to another hotel in San Diego. Hopefully I don't have to deal with something like this over there.

1 comment:

I said...

oh that's too bad about ur hotel room...some people eh!