[San Diego, CA]
Walk, walk, walk, and walk! Teagan and I spent the day at the zoo. I knew we had a lot of ground to cover, so I brought the stroller. In talking with one of the hotel guests who went the day before, he suggested taking the double-decker bus tour (30 minute ride), which covered 70% of the zoo. At least this way, it would give me a better idea of where everything was. He also warned me that there were a lot of hills, but what I didn't expect was how big they were. Pushing Teagan in a stroller was not a problem, but those hills definitely gave me a work out! At one point, I didn't think I was going to make it. Going downhill was much better than going up.
As we walked through the zoo, we took as many pictures as we could. Some of the animals were up, and some were asleep. And some looked like they were going crazy - a black bear and one of the elephants were swaying back and forth in a way that did not look natural. I guess you would go crazy too if you were confined in small area. Sad. We kept on walking, and at some point I lost our map. Great. I remembered the main streets, so I was able to find my way back to where we started. We went through almost the entire zoo, with the exception of the Discovery Outpost section. Before heading out, we stopped by the souvenir shop to pick up a t-shirt and a plush giraffe for Teagan.
And if that weren't enough, we walked over to Fashion Valley mall - another 15 minute walk. Then, of course, there was another 2 - 2.5 hours of walking through the mall to do a bit of shopping.
By the end of the day, Teagan and I were tired. Teagan went to sleep early, and I would have too, but decided to watch some tv instead.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment